Playground Games is seeking a Lead Scriptwriter to lead the writing team on Fable, our open world action RPG.
You’ll take ownership of the game’s script, working closely with the Narrative Director to manage the writing team and collaborate with other disciplines to deliver a world-class story from conception through to completion. You’ll be a strong collaborator with a proven track record of writing great dialogue, memorable characters, and compelling storylines for video games.
Please send examples of your writing with your application. Shortlisted candidates may be asked to complete a writing test.
- Champion the game’s narrative and collaborate with other disciplines to realise the game’s narrative vision.
- Craft compelling storylines, memorable characters, and rich lore to support the project vision
- Create and maintain story treatments, character bios, environment guides, cinematic and in-game scripts, casting briefs, and other narrative documentation
- Prepare scripts for voice recording and attend recording sessions as required
- Identify opportunities and push new avenues for storytelling
- Mentor other writers and provide insightful, constructive feedback on their work.
- A genuine passion for games and interactive storytelling
- Several years of professional experience writing creatively for games, TV, film, theatre, comics, or related media
- Exceptional story and character development skills
- A flair for writing characterful, witty dialogue
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A natural collaborator who leads by example and mentors others
- Willingness to receive and provide insightful, constructive feedback
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the world’s most exciting games studios, using cutting edge technology to create world class games, within a strong, collaborative team.Apply Now