Playground Games is looking for an Cinematic Director to build and lead a world-class team on an entirely new AAA open world action / RPG project. You will develop, direct, and champion the cinematic creative vision whilst driving quality and upholding the project vision.
Your experience within the games industry will have seen you work on multiple high-profile console titles in the course of your career. As Cinematic Director you'll take responsibility for all phases of cinematic production including script breakdown, storyboarding, animatics, previz, blocking, casting, VO/performance direction, animation, editing, cinematography, lighting, VFX, audio.
You’ll be flexible, highly motivated and approachable, with excellent communication skills honed by your experience of leading teams. You will collaborate with the Creative Director, Art Director, Narrative Director, and Animation Director to create a cohesive style and tone for the player’s narrative experience via cinematics, scripted moments and interactive narrative elements.
- Minimum of 3 published games with at least one AAA title in a Cinematic Director or equivalent position.
- Outstanding modern and classical cinematic fundamentals with an application towards establishing mood, tone, and emotion.
- Excellent understanding of cinematic storytelling, pacing, and character development in an interactive medium.
- Well versed in a variety of cinematic presentation styles and up to date with the latest cinematic techniques and innovations.
- Understanding of modern trends within the entertainment industry with an ability to successfully apply to cinematic style as needed.
- Deep understanding of the game development process and its unique limitations.
- A thorough understanding of animation theory and technique.
- Experienced with character and animation pipelines.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to visualize creative ideas and collaborate in a multidisciplinary team environment giving and taking direction, critiques, and constructive feedback.
- VO and motion / performance Capture directing experience.
- Reel / portfolio / website demonstrating recent work.
- A genuine passion for video games, and a desire to elevate storytelling in games to the next level.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the world’s most exciting games studios, using cutting edge technology to create world class games with an established, highly talented and collaborative team.Apply Now