Playground Games is seeking a Senior Scriptwriter for a new AAA open world action/RPG project.
You will join the project in the early stages of development and play a key role in developing the game’s story, setting and characters. As part of the writing team you’ll work closely with the Narrative Director to develop the game’s story and script from conception through to completion. You’ll be a strong collaborator with a proven track record of writing great dialogue, memorable characters, and compelling storylines for video games.
- Craft compelling storylines, memorable characters, and rich lore to support the project vision
- Create and maintain story treatments, character bios, environment guides, cinematic and in-game scripts, casting briefs, and other narrative documentation
- Work in close collaboration with other disciplines to communicate the narrative vision and implement narrative content
- Prepare scripts for voice recording and attend recording sessions as required
- Identify opportunities and push new avenues for storytelling
- Collaborate with designers to provide narrative support for new features and design requests
- Provide insightful, constructive feedback to other writers
- A genuine passion for games and interactive storytelling
- A demonstrable track record of quality as a writer on at least one AAA narrative game
- Several years of professional experience writing creatively for games, TV, film, theatre, comics, or related media
- Exceptional story and character development skills
- A flair for writing characterful, witty dialogue
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A natural collaborator who’s comfortable working in cross-discipline teams
- Willingness to receive and provide insightful, constructive feedback
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the world’s most exciting games studios, using cutting edge technology to create world class games, within a strong, collaborative team.