Playground Games is looking for an Environment Artist to join our Fable team on a contract basis.As Environment Artist, you’ll deliver environmental assets and props to the highest AAA standards. We’ll look to you to raise the bar on our game’s content and realise our creative vision for Fable’s world.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced artist who is passionate about their craft, skilled in creating world-class 3D props for big-budget video games and has the track record to prove it.
This is a contract role.
Responsibilities· Create high-quality low-poly and high-poly environmental assets and props that are optimised for use in real-time engines.
· Collaborate with the Lead Environment Artist and other internal stakeholders to reach the highest possible visual fidelity while meeting gameplay requirements and limitations.
· Actively accept and action feedback from the Lead Environment Artist and Art Director.
· Deliver artistic feedback and technical guidance to our outsource teams.
Skills Summary· Experienced of working on published titles on current-gen consoles with ideally a AAA tile released.
· A strong understanding of technical consideration for environment creation.
· Good knowledge of low-poly to high-poly asset workflows.
· Proficiency in DCC tools like 3ds Max and Photoshop.
· Strong understanding of PBR technique and materials.
· Experienced working with game engines, including implementing your 3D work in an engine.
· The ability to work from both real-world reference and concept art.
· Clinical attention to detail.
· Great communication skills.
· The flexibility to adapt based on the requirements of the project.
· A keen interest in video games.
· Photogrammetry experience is a plus.
· A firm understanding of traditional art fundamentals. Apply Now