Playground Games is looking for a talented Associate Lead Tools Engineer to join our Fable team. We are looking for an Associate Lead Tools Engineer to manage a growing team of talented tools engineers. You will work alongside the tools lead to design, plan and deliver the toolset for the next Fable title. You will collaborate with other disciplines to ensure delivery and maintenance of a powerful and efficient toolset that meets the needs of the development team.
You are driven by working with a skilled team of engineers working on AAA games. You’ll work closely with stakeholders, so your ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively is vital. You are approachable and enjoy mentoring junior members of the team so they can be successful in their work and development.
- A proven track record of leading a small team of engineers
- Expert C++ or C# and software architecture skills
- Detailed knowledge of game development tools and processes
- A strong ability to balance quality with efficiency while working under tight deadlines
- A track record of successful planning and delivery
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a customer-focused mindset
- A genuine passion for games