Playground Games are looking for a VFX Artist to join our new AAA open world action / RPG project in Leamington Spa.
As a VFX artist you will have knowledge and experience creating real-time effects. You will work with the CG Supervisor and Lead VFX Artist to create in-game assets that realise the vision for our game.
You will be responsible for consistently creating high quality VFX, ensuring that deadlines are met, and work meets the quality required - while also identifying risks or opportunities for improvement. You will be required to learn our proprietary engine, utilizing the latest industry techniques to aid gameplay, environment and cinematic effects. You must be flexible, highly motivated and detail conscious.
- Experience using graph-based particle systems such as PopcornFXv2, Niagara or VFX Graph (not required but is highly valued)
- Experience creating pre-rendered simulations (not required but is recommended)
- Experience in scripting languages such as C# or visual scripting such as Blueprints (not required but is highly valued
- Experience working with commercial or proprietary game engines
- Photoshop/Substance editing skills for creating effect textures for use with particle system
- Knowledge of a 3D application (e.g. Max, Maya, Houdini)
- Proficiency with 3D graphics, particle systems, physics, ribbons, shaders and post process effect
- Animation experience
- A portfolio demonstrating your in-game particle and VFX work
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a highly experienced team. It will provide exciting new challenges for any developer, from those just starting out to those looking to further their career.Apply Now