Playground Games is seeking a Character Technical Artist to join our world class team here in Leamington Spa. This is an opportunity to work alongside award-winning technical and creative talent on an entirely new open world AAA project.
As a Character Technical Artist, you will be building internal character development processes and guiding pipeline implementation in collaboration with the Character, Animation, Tools and Rendering teams.
We are searching for a Technical Artist with experience of working on published, character focused console titles with a wide knowledge of industry tools. Familiarity with characters, animation, export pipelines and shader development would be ideal for this role.
- Ability to problem solve, think creatively and support content creators.
- Good communication and time management.
- Experience of working on published, character focused titles on consoles.
- Knowledge of art creation pipelines, asset exporting and process automation.
- Experience with character pipelines, including rigging, animation and shader development.
- Knowledge of specialist character creation methods, including hair and cloth creation.
- Knowledge of character scanning, mo-cap and facial capture desirable.
- Experienced with MAX or Maya scripting.
- Experience of game engines and toolsets.
- Exposure to C#.
- A passion for games and pushing the boundaries of game visuals.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the world’s most exciting games studios, using cutting edge technology to create world class games, within a strong, collaborative team.